Old November 13th 07, 07:43 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default New signs on London Overground

On 13 Nov, 20:25, wrote:
I took a look at Highbury & Islington while passing through, and I noticed
that all the station signs had been changed to Overground colours, while the
Way Out signs were those seen on the Underground.

Any reference to Silverlink was covered up.

What are they going to do with those Oystercard readers at H&I, the ones
just by the main entrance gates to the station?

Keep them for to cater for people who might be arriving at H&I on a
rail-only ticket and are transferring to the Victoria line or the FCC
Great Northern line (the Moorgate line) or vice versa. Despite Oyster
PAYG becoming valid on the London Overground, it's still entirely
possible for people to be using rail only tickets on it (either
seasons or plain singles/returns).