Old November 19th 07, 10:52 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Tony Chung Tony Chung is offline

Default Oyster Prepay on W&C question.

Sir Benjamin Nunn wrote:
This morning the Northern Line Bank branch wasn't running and trains
(including mine) were being diverted via C+.

So, I figured the fastest way for me to get to Liverpool would probably
(just) be to get off at Waterloo, and get the W&C to Bank.

I have a prepay oyster, and was required to touch out when changing at
Waterloo, which I did. On the way down to the W&C platforms there was
another validator, so I touched in again.

Then when I got to Liverpool St, I touched out as usual.

So... did I do the right thing? And will I be charged correctly for my usual
journey, or will it count as two because of the retarded barrier
arrangements at Waterloo?

Anybody know why there are no barriers at Waterloo? I though the
challenge was Bank? (Which now has barriers.)

Importantly, with these stupid validators (ie. at Bank DLR), is it safe
to touch at least one barrier at each station - or is there a risk of
ending a journey and being fined (or failing to start a journey).

Tony