Old November 6th 03, 11:21 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mark Blewett Mark Blewett is offline

Default Underground Line Colours on performance Page

On Thu, 6 Nov 2003 13:06:51 -0000, "Ed Crowley"
wrote:

"Matthew P Jones" wrote in message
On this page

http://tube.tfl.gov.uk/content/stats/default.asp

Are the colours next to the lines wrong? The colours next to the
Bakerloo, Central, Circle and District seem OK, but the rest seem to be
out of sync. Is it me, or is it deliberate?

There's also an ASP error on the customer metrics page!

Which is out of date!

Don't forget the wordly footnote either...

"This measure relates service performance to demand and expresses the
information in the form of average passenger journey time. Actual
journey time is compared with planned journey time, assuming the
service runs to schedule taking account of 'normal' levels of
congestion, to produce an excess journey time figure, expressed in
minutes."

A sceptic's translation...

"This measure relates service performance to demand"

Relates... mmm, how do these figures relate... result = performance *
some random number? ;o) Demand... of what? A person with a watch?

"and expresses the information in the form of average passenger
journey time."

Mmm at the top of the page it says "Customer metrics EXCESS journey
time"

"Actual journey time is compared with planned journey time, "

Ok.. so its not average passenger journey time then? Seems llike a
sensible comparison.... how much more time is required for a journey
compared to the timetable.

"assuming the service runs to schedule taking account of 'normal'
levels of congestion,"

So schedules are designed to produce congestion? Surely you mean
"assuming the service runs to schedule"...

"to produce an excess journey time figure, expressed in minutes."

.... to the nearest 600ms... I didn't know london underground could
keep time so well )

Why can't they just say something like;

"The above figures show the number of minutes between the actual and
timetabled time for an average journey"

then I wouldn't have to read it several times!