Old November 4th 03, 09:08 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Underground Line Colours on performance Page

On this page

http://tube.tfl.gov.uk/content/stats/default.asp

Are the colours next to the lines wrong? The colours next to the
Bakerloo, Central, Circle and District seem OK, but the rest seem to be
out of sync. Is it me, or is it deliberate?
--
Matthew P Jones - www.amersham.org.uk
My view of the Metropolitan Line www.metroland.org.uk - actually I like it

Old November 4th 03, 09:13 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Nope! they have well and truly ****ed that up!

Old November 4th 03, 09:26 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , Roger the cabin
boy writes
Nope! they have well and truly ****ed that up!

They've got the Circle and H&C lumped together, hence the H&C isn't with
its correct colour and everything is offset by one.
--
Spyke
Address is valid, but messages are treated as junk. The opinions I express do
Old November 4th 03, 09:26 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Joe Joe is offline

http://tube.tfl.gov.uk/content/stats/default.asp
Are the colours next to the lines wrong? The colours next to the
Bakerloo, Central, Circle and District seem OK, but the rest seem to be
out of sync. Is it me, or is it deliberate?

They are right on the % in service page, but not on the 1st one. I think it
is just an error
--
To reply direct, remove NOSPAM and replace with railwaysonline
For Train Information, The Latest News & Best photos around check out the

Old November 5th 03, 09:19 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Roger the cabin boy wrote:

Nope! they have well and truly ****ed that up!

They can't spell "Northern" either.

--
John Ray, London UK.

Mail to mefp49 is unlikely to be read. I can be contacted at xcf70 (same
ISP).

Old November 6th 03, 12:06 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Matthew P Jones" wrote in message
On this page

http://tube.tfl.gov.uk/content/stats/default.asp

Are the colours next to the lines wrong? The colours next to the
Bakerloo, Central, Circle and District seem OK, but the rest seem to be
out of sync. Is it me, or is it deliberate?

There's also an ASP error on the customer metrics page!

Old November 6th 03, 11:21 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Thu, 6 Nov 2003 13:06:51 -0000, "Ed Crowley"
wrote:

"Matthew P Jones" wrote in message
On this page

http://tube.tfl.gov.uk/content/stats/default.asp

Are the colours next to the lines wrong? The colours next to the
Bakerloo, Central, Circle and District seem OK, but the rest seem to be
out of sync. Is it me, or is it deliberate?

There's also an ASP error on the customer metrics page!

Which is out of date!

Don't forget the wordly footnote either...

"This measure relates service performance to demand and expresses the
information in the form of average passenger journey time. Actual
journey time is compared with planned journey time, assuming the
service runs to schedule taking account of 'normal' levels of
congestion, to produce an excess journey time figure, expressed in
minutes."

A sceptic's translation...

"This measure relates service performance to demand"

Relates... mmm, how do these figures relate... result = performance *
some random number? ;o) Demand... of what? A person with a watch?

"and expresses the information in the form of average passenger
journey time."

Mmm at the top of the page it says "Customer metrics EXCESS journey
time"

"Actual journey time is compared with planned journey time, "

Ok.. so its not average passenger journey time then? Seems llike a
sensible comparison.... how much more time is required for a journey
compared to the timetable.

"assuming the service runs to schedule taking account of 'normal'
levels of congestion,"

So schedules are designed to produce congestion? Surely you mean
"assuming the service runs to schedule"...

"to produce an excess journey time figure, expressed in minutes."

.... to the nearest 600ms... I didn't know london underground could
keep time so well )

Why can't they just say something like;

"The above figures show the number of minutes between the actual and
timetabled time for an average journey"

then I wouldn't have to read it several times!