Old November 8th 03, 04:07 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Clive D. W. Feather Clive D. W. Feather is offline

Default OT - Paris Metro...

In article , Oliver Keating
writes
The metro has a fare system very similar to LU, with zones (I think there
are about 6). Unlike LU, most of the *metro* is confined to zone 1 (which is
clearly identified on all metro maps). However, the RER forms a much larger
Paris-wide network where the other zones come into play.

*All* the metro is in zone 1, even when it serves stations in other
zones. That is, you can use a zone-1-only ticket to take line 1 from
Etoile to La Defence, even though the latter is in zone 2 or 3 (I forget
which). You can't, however, take a line A RER train for the same journey
using that ticket; you need a more expensive one.

--
Clive D.W. Feather, writing for himself | Home:
Fax: +44 870 051 9937 | Work: