Old December 21st 07, 02:11 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Roy Stilling Roy Stilling is offline

Default Bloody gatelines

wrote:

Is anyone else fed up with the number of gates that don't take paper
tickets? Why can't they either bloody well mend them or least put tape
over the slot?

It does seem to be happening much more frequently of late, and at
Farringdon, where recently I had to try three gates before I found one
that took my paper ticket, they now have nice blue stickers reading
"Oyster only" to stick over the ticket slot of defective gates.

Roy