Old December 31st 07, 12:19 PM posted to uk.transport.london
martin martin is offline

Default New Years Eve travel

On Dec 31, 9:36*am, Paul Terry wrote:
In message ,
writes

Do London Underground trains run right through the night or stop at
4:30am?

They run right through the night. Its the FREE travel (which starts at
11.45pm) that ends at 4.30am. Full details (including certain station
closures) on the TfL website.

There's a map in the leaflet (http://www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloads/
new-years-leaflet.pdf#page=10) which shows line and station closures -
and on my machine at least, some interestingly bendy bits (the Thames
below Tower Gateway; National Rail between Charing Cross and London
Bridge).

I'm getting some odd results too from Journey Planner for my trip this
evening, as Wood Green will be closed from 7pm - it doesn't seem to
want to suggest the 10 minute walk to Turnpike Lane.
I presume the handful of Piccadilly Line stations are closed are to
either redeploy staff to where they'd be more useful (or let more of
them have the night off). Wood Green seems like an odd choice though,
given how busy it always seems to be.

- martin