Old December 31st 07, 07:46 AM posted to uk.transport.london
No Name

Default New Years Eve travel

Do London Underground trains run right through the night or stop at 4:30am?
The way the they were mentioned on LBC it sounded like they were only
running until 4:30am?

Old December 31st 07, 09:28 AM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote in message
Do London Underground trains run right through the night or stop at
4:30am? The way the they were mentioned on LBC it sounded like they were
only running until 4:30am?

Run all night

Old December 31st 07, 09:36 AM posted to uk.transport.london
No Name

"Frank Incense" wrote in message

wrote in message
Do London Underground trains run right through the night or stop at
4:30am? The way the they were mentioned on LBC it sounded like they were
only running until 4:30am?

Run all night

Thanks. How far apart are they likely to run? I know its a vague question to
answer. Is it about every 20 mins?

Old December 31st 07, 01:19 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Dec 31, 9:36*am, Paul Terry wrote:
In message ,
writes

Do London Underground trains run right through the night or stop at
4:30am?

They run right through the night. Its the FREE travel (which starts at
11.45pm) that ends at 4.30am. Full details (including certain station
closures) on the TfL website.

There's a map in the leaflet (http://www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloads/
new-years-leaflet.pdf#page=10) which shows line and station closures -
and on my machine at least, some interestingly bendy bits (the Thames
below Tower Gateway; National Rail between Charing Cross and London
Bridge).

I'm getting some odd results too from Journey Planner for my trip this
evening, as Wood Green will be closed from 7pm - it doesn't seem to
want to suggest the 10 minute walk to Turnpike Lane.
I presume the handful of Piccadilly Line stations are closed are to
either redeploy staff to where they'd be more useful (or let more of
them have the night off). Wood Green seems like an odd choice though,
given how busy it always seems to be.

- martin
Old December 31st 07, 01:38 PM posted to uk.transport.london
No Name

"martin" wrote in message
[...]

The link does not seem to work. Is there a list of closed stations?

Old December 31st 07, 02:13 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Dec 31, 1:38*pm, wrote:

The link does not seem to work. Is there a list of closed stations?

Sorry, a line break came up where I didn't expect it.
Try http://tinyurl.com/ywpnsg - which should take you straight to the
map - or failing that http://tinyurl.com/2y3g6y for the leaflet.

- martin