Old January 12th 08, 05:05 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

Default North London Line

On Jan 12, 6:02*pm, (Neil Williams)
wrote:
On Sat, 12 Jan 2008 17:57:33 -0000, "Lew 1"

wrote:
Only once or twice, not enough to really form an opinion. I hadn't thought
that the difference between County and Metro would have been so huge, though
it certainly looks like it was County that was getting the praise. (What was
the Abbey Flyer, County or Metro?)

County, as were the erstwhile London-Brum locals and the
London-Northampton commuter services that I use daily.

I find it strangely amusing that one set of passengers would have related
the brand "Silverlink" with the height of railway filth, whilst another set
saw Silverlink as the railway's Knight in Shining Armour. What difference
one word makes!

It is interesting - I personally have very positive views of the old
Silverlink County, but I agree the old Metro services were disgusting.

How does the shared use of rolling stock work out? I assume that
Watford - St Albans shares stock with the NLL and Bedford - Bletchley
shares stock with the GOBLIN, or is that no longer the case?