Old January 18th 08, 11:33 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Steve Steve is offline

Default Gatelines - relative numbers

On 18 Jan, 11:11, MIG wrote:

However, I think it's quite likely that the whole of the current wall
will be demolished for the new gatelines, so I hope this won't be a
problem.

I'm sure you're right about demolishing the whole wall - this plan
gives 6.7 gates per platform, which to my mind will absorb most if not
all of the width of a single platfrom plus associated track.

On a related note, I thought a major redevelopment of Waterloo which
would lower the concourse and extend the platforms above it was on the
cards in the next couple of years. Although the gate hardware will be
re-usable, I'm sure there will be some significant costs around this
short-term deployment.

Steve Adams