Old February 16th 08, 02:11 PM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] slssfw@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default Oyster Fare and routing query

On 16 Feb, 14:13, "Paul Scott" wrote:

That isn't how PAYG works though. Touching out and back in within an
unspecified 'short time' (which I reckon is about 15 mins) continues the
original journey.

Paul S

Thanks Paul. So imagine this scenario. I have £1.00 on my Oyster and I
want to go from Ruislip to Hackney Central on Saturday night.The TFL
fare finder says the fare is £1.00. I touch in at Ruislip and touch
out at Finchley Rd. The fare for that stretch would also be £1.00 so
in effect is there nothing on my card now ? What would happen if I
touched in at Finchley Rd + Frognal within 10 mins of touching out of
Finchley Rd with "zero" on my card - would the system make allowances
for the fact that I am continuing a journey and credit my card again
- only taking off the £1.00 when I touch out at Hackney Central ?

uc