Old February 25th 08, 08:28 AM posted to uk.transport.london
John Rowland John Rowland is offline

Default Wood Green one-way-system plan

John Rowland wrote:
Ernst S Blofeld wrote:
John Rowland wrote:
http://www.haringey.gov.uk/one-way_p...at-runners.htm

Since the major difficulty in using these roads as a rat-run is the
traffic coming in the other direction, I would have thought making
them one-way will actually improve them for rat-running.

The measures to slow down the traffic are the ones of relevance to
the rat-running issue. The one-way system is another feature of the
plans but the phrase is being used, in an arguably sloppy fashion,
as a short-hand description for the entire development.

I believe these plans should have been realised by now. Are they not?

The tables[1] are being put in, and the poles which will hold the
no-entry signs have been installed and lit, but the signs themselves
have not yet been installed.

It seems like they are trying to push the problem over the border into
Enfield.

[1] long flat bumps at the entrance to the side roads.

The one-way system is active now. I was right - it has made it a lot easier
to use these roads. I'm wondering if the scheme has been designed and paid
for by Enfield Council, since it will attract ratrunners away from Enfield!