Old April 5th 08, 12:32 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
naked_draughtsman[_2_] naked_draughtsman[_2_] is offline

Default Oyster PAYG on National rail

On Sat, 05 Apr 2008 04:35:11 -0700, Uncle-C wrote:

I wanted to go from Gospel Oak to Ruislip. The journey involved London
Overground to West Hampstead and then walking over to WH LU to get
onto the tube network. The fare should be £1.00. I started with only
£1 on my Oyster so this let me enter at Gospel Oak. However, when I
exited at WHLO and and tried to touch in at WHLU I was refused entry
on account of lack of funds on my account. I topped up another £1 and
was let in. When I touched out at Ruislip the £1 that I put on my
Oyster at WHLU remained on my card and I was only deducted the
correct stipulated amount i.e £1 for the entire Gospel Oak - Ruislip
( changing at West Hampstead ) journey.

Thats sounds like my mobile phone tariff: I get free text messages an
amount of free web access but if I've got a balance of £0.00 (it's pay as
you go) I can't use either of them!

peter