Old April 5th 08, 10:40 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

Default Oyster PAYG on National rail

I have to travel from Harrow to Brockley and end up going to London
bridge.

If I touch in at harrow on the hill and exit at west hampstead LU
station, touch out and walk to west hampstead FCC and touch in and
touch out at the oyster reader and touch out at London Bridge do I
still pay £3.50?

Or does this work out at 2x£3.50

Shall I tell the barrier staff that I am going to be using FCC between
WH thameslink and London Bridge and ask them to waive me through
therefore not touching out, boarding the FCC train and touching out at
London Bridge.

It is a bit confusing becuase there isn't anything on the website for
this scenario.

I could take the Jubilee line but this is such a crush and London
Brige is such a walk, I end up exiting via borough high st and walking
it to the mainline as there are less people.

cheers

Old April 5th 08, 11:35 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

On 5 Apr, 11:40, Aosmosis wrote:
[...]

If you exit at West Hampstead LU and enter the London Overground, as
it is now a valid interchange, you will not get charged twice for your
journey. I assume that Oyster is now valid on FCC from West Hampstead
in which case you will only be charged once for your whole journey.
But you must make sure that when you exit WH LU and try to enter WHFCC
that you have the minimum threshold of funds remaining in your oyster
card. I'll explain from my own experience.
I wanted to go from Gospel Oak to Ruislip. The journey involved London
Overground to West Hampstead and then walking over to WH LU to get
onto the tube network. The fare should be £1.00. I started with only
£1 on my Oyster so this let me enter at Gospel Oak. However, when I
exited at WHLO and and tried to touch in at WHLU I was refused entry
on account of lack of funds on my account. I topped up another £1 and
was let in. When I touched out at Ruislip the £1 that I put on my
Oyster at WHLU remained on my card and I was only deducted the
correct stipulated amount i.e £1 for the entire Gospel Oak - Ruislip
( changing at West Hampstead ) journey.

Hope this helps.

UC
Old April 5th 08, 12:32 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

On Sat, 05 Apr 2008 04:35:11 -0700, Uncle-C wrote:

I wanted to go from Gospel Oak to Ruislip. The journey involved London
Overground to West Hampstead and then walking over to WH LU to get
onto the tube network. The fare should be £1.00. I started with only
£1 on my Oyster so this let me enter at Gospel Oak. However, when I
exited at WHLO and and tried to touch in at WHLU I was refused entry
on account of lack of funds on my account. I topped up another £1 and
was let in. When I touched out at Ruislip the £1 that I put on my
Oyster at WHLU remained on my card and I was only deducted the
correct stipulated amount i.e £1 for the entire Gospel Oak - Ruislip
( changing at West Hampstead ) journey.

Thats sounds like my mobile phone tariff: I get free text messages an
amount of free web access but if I've got a balance of £0.00 (it's pay as
you go) I can't use either of them!

peter