Old April 19th 08, 10:15 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default FCC (GN) Z6 Boundary Extension Ticketing

On 19 Apr, 09:33, JB wrote:

On Tue, 15 Apr 2008 11:03:09 +0100, "Clive D. W. Feather"
wrote:

In article , Barry Salter
writes

*Is* it necessary to stop at the boundary station when making
such a journey?

Only if the "other" ticket is *NOT* a Season ticket, as per
Condition 19 of the NCoC.

Note, by the way, that a "Boundary Zone" ticket is *not* a separate
ticket for the purposes of NCoC 19. Rather, it's a receipt for the
additional fare to extend your journey, so that your Travelcard
*becomes* the ticket valid for the journey to the named station.

[This was hammered into me the other day when Kentish Town actually
issued me a "zonal extension", on LU stock, when I asked for a BZ6 to
Luton ticket. The gates at Luton were happy with it, though.]

Very interesting. Last week I had to travel from an FCC station
somewhere north of London* to Redhill, and then around London. I was
going to buy a one day "north of London" to R1256 travelcard and an
East Croydon to Redhill day return (as I know all the Redhill trains
stop at East Croydon). But the ticket office at the FCC station told
me I was better getting a Boundary 6 to Redhill.

I did ponder whether it was a valid combination for NCOC 19, but if
you are saying that it is not a combination, but should be considered
one ticket, that makes sense.

*location removed as I wouldn't want the FCC station to get into
trouble for suggesting cheaper tickets.

So, for the sake of clarity, can we confirm that a 'Boundary Zone'
ticket can also be used with a *Day* Travelcard - as the 'Boundary
Zone' ticket is not in fact technically a separate ticket, merely a
receipt for an additional fare?

Absurdly, these issues still confuse me, and seemingly many others,
despite the fact they come up at least every month! One feels an FAQ
would be helpful - I'd happily compile one but for the fact that half
my answers would be wrong!