Old May 3rd 08, 06:57 PM posted to uk.transport.london
sweek sweek is offline

Default Question about Oyster travelcard + extensions.

I'm sure one of you will know the answer to this question.

If I have a zone 3-2 travelcard, and leave my non-PAYG station in pay
3, don't touch in (because I can't), and touch out in zone 1, would
this be seen as an unresolved journey or would it use my PAYG to pay
for the extension? What if I do the same thing the other way around,
i.e. start in zone 1 but don't touch out as my local zone 3 station
doesn't have PAYG readers and I use my travelcard for that.

As an example, if I start my journey at Harringay, am unable to touch
in, and get off at Moorgate with my z2-3 travelcard with some PAYG
money, what would happen?