Old May 3rd 08, 09:04 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mr Thant Mr Thant is offline

Default Question about Oyster travelcard + extensions.

On 3 May, 19:57, sweek wrote:
If I have a zone 3-2 travelcard, and leave my non-PAYG station in pay
3, don't touch in (because I can't), and touch out in zone 1, would
this be seen as an unresolved journey or would it use my PAYG to pay
for the extension?

I know for a Z1-3 if you touch out in Z4 it'll charge you £1 (or
whatever) rather than the £4 unresolved journey fee. It might be
different for Z1.

As an example, if I start my journey at Harringay, am unable to touch
in, and get off at Moorgate with my z2-3 travelcard with some PAYG
money, what would happen?

Officially you're meant to get off the train and touch in when
switching to PAYG if you started outside the PAYG area. You can do
this at Finsbury Park, get the Victoria Line and if you're lucky get
back on the same train at Highbury & Islington. You can also touch in
at Old Street and get the Northern to Moorgate, though then you end up
fare-dodging the Essex Road-Old Street journey.

This mess will disappear once PAYG is extended early next year
(hopefully).

http://londonconnections.blogspot.com/
A blog about transport projects in London