Old May 10th 08, 04:36 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default So, who was right about Eurostar ridership?

In message
, at
09:28:54 on Sat, 10 May 2008, TheOneKEA remarked:
Kings Cross tube station also appears to impersonate "hell on earth" on
a fairly regular basis - despite all the improvement works. I just hope
the remaining work does something to take some of the pressure off.

It's a farce. Has so much disruption ever before produced so little
improvement?

Probably because the disruption is creating capacity for which demand
already exists. I wouldn't be the least bit shocked if the entire
Underground/NR complex is just as busy after the LU northern ticket
hall, direct links from Midland Road LL and the KX western ticket hall/
piazza works are finished - it would prove that the improvements were
done about 5-10 years too late.

It also shows that the improvements are not sufficient. For the last ten
years the queues at the ticket offices have been unacceptably long, and
after the rebuilding, they still are. Why didn't they simply build more
ticket office positions?