Old May 10th 08, 10:07 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Tom Anderson Tom Anderson is offline

Default [OT] Can you walk across the flood barrier on Dartford Creek?

Well,

Can you?

It's he

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=51.4...=UTF8&t=k&z=16

And it clearly has some sort of way across it, but i have no idea if it's
public. Google maps has no idea, of course. My OS map doesn't show any
kind of footpath or similar across it. OpenStreetMap, though, shows a
'track', a red dashed line, across it:

http://openstreetmap.org/?lat=51.478...16&layers=B0FT

Does anyoen have any idea if i would be able to walk, and wheel a bike,
across here?

If not, i think i'd have to follow the river, and then the Cray, up to
Barnes Cray, cross at a weir, and then take the A206 to get across the
Dart/Darenth. Which would be a bit of a detour.

tom

--
For one thing at least is almost certain about the future, namely,
that very much of it will be such as we should call incredible. --