Old May 10th 08, 10:37 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J.[_2_] Richard J.[_2_] is offline

Default [OT] Can you walk across the flood barrier on Dartford Creek?

Tom Anderson wrote:
Well,

Can you?

It's he

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=51.4...=UTF8&t=k&z=16

And it clearly has some sort of way across it, but i have no idea if
it's public. Google maps has no idea, of course. My OS map doesn't
show any kind of footpath or similar across it. OpenStreetMap,
though, shows a 'track', a red dashed line, across it:

http://openstreetmap.org/?lat=51.478...16&layers=B0FT

Does anyoen have any idea if i would be able to walk, and wheel a
bike, across here?

The normal position of the barrier is way up in the air, like this:
http://www.tuesdaynightclub.co.uk/T0...k/Pict3864.jpg

I very much doubt if the public are given access to the barrier. Certainly
there is no access to the Barking Creek barrier, and that is of a similar
design.
--
Richard J.