Old May 10th 08, 11:03 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Tom Anderson Tom Anderson is offline

Default [OT] Can you walk across the flood barrier on Dartford Creek?

On Sat, 10 May 2008, Richard J. wrote:

Tom Anderson wrote:

Can you?

The normal position of the barrier is way up in the air, like this:
http://www.tuesdaynightclub.co.uk/T0...k/Pict3864.jpg

I very much doubt if the public are given access to the barrier.
Certainly there is no access to the Barking Creek barrier, and that is
of a similar design.

Bugger.

Oh well, huge detour it is.

Unless i take a dinghy with me.

tom

--
For one thing at least is almost certain about the future, namely,
that very much of it will be such as we should call incredible. --