Old May 28th 08, 04:31 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Peter Campbell Smith[_2_] Peter Campbell Smith[_2_] is offline

Default Taxi time from Paddington to St. Pancras International - Friday morning?

Traveller wrote in news:8b180ab2-75d1-4b8a-9429-
:

Hi... I'm arriving at Paddington about 0800/0830 this Friday, heading
for St. Pancras to catch the Eurostar. I know I can take the tube,
but that's not the most appealing option with 2 of us humping
luggage. So, could anyone give me an idea of the likely time and cost
(I know it's only 2.5 miles but am also aware what traffic might be
like!) to get from Paddington to St. Pancras that morning?

I'd allow 20 min and it will cost about £10 plus tip. The
Marylebone/Euston Road usually flows reasonably well in the morning unless
there is an accident or road works. You may have to queue a while for a
taxi, though, especially if it's raining as the BBC seems to think it might
be. If you can, I'd aim for 08:00 rather than 08:30 as it will be
noticeably less busy, but this is half term week for most schools so London
is marginally less thronged than it can be.

If you do take the Underground there are usually more regular trains, but
also more steps to climb up and down, if you go from the Ham & City line
rather than the Circle line. It might be worth calling 020 7222 1200 as
you arrive for a recorded message about any disruption.

Peter

--
Peter Campbell Smith ~ London ~ pjcs00 (a) gmail.com