Old June 2nd 08, 08:59 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Walter Briscoe Walter Briscoe is offline

Default Northern Line/DLR interchange at Bank

In message of Mon, 2 Jun 2008
09:03:02 in uk.transport.london, Ian F.
writes
I need to get from Balham to London City Airport tomorrow morning. TfL
planner is telling me to go via London Bridge and Canning Town (two
changes).

I know there are interchange problems at Bank, but I understood the
Northern/DLR change is still possible so wouldn't BalhamBankLondon City
be better?

There is a lack of capacity but all interchanges are currently possible.
I was speaking to a Bank/Monument C.S.A. last week and was told there
will be a split into two stations in a couple of weeks.

Car 3 or 4 on the Northbound Northern is likely to be nearest to the
exit to the DLR.

The route via London Bridge and Canning Town shows as 47-49 minutes.
DLR from Bank is 25 minutes and Balham - Bank is 21. Add 5 for the
interchange and the Journey Planner route might be "better". Given the
Jubilee is rammed between London Bridge and Canary Wharf and the
up-and-over interchanges at London Bridge, I would not follow the
Journey Planner in this case.
--
Walter Briscoe