Old June 4th 08, 07:00 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Walter Briscoe Walter Briscoe is offline

Default Northern Line/DLR interchange at Bank

In message
of
Tue, 3 Jun 2008 15:41:54 in uk.transport.london, MIG
writes
On 2 Jun, 10:43, Mr Thant
wrote:

[snip]

I don't think there's a scenario where the Northern-DLR interchange
gets closed, but DLR-Northern is sometimes circuitous due to the
Northern Line stairs being on the DLR departures side, and sometimes
they close the gates between the two platforms.

For some reason, they also (at busy times) barrier the entrance to the
departure platform so that from the bottom of the Northern Line stairs
you then have to go all the way to the other end of the DLR departure
platform via the area between DLR platforms. I can't work out what
that achieves. Everyone still arrives at one point, but later.

Why not ask for the reason at the Supervisors' Office/Control Room?
(It is in the Monument Ticket Hall by the Fish Street Hill entrance.)

I hit on an enthusiast answering the 'phone at 020 7222 1234.
(I had been looking for a hard copy of the Conditions of Carriage.)
I asked about the Journey Planner not routing from the Northern line to
the DLR through Bank. I was told it was the result of s software
limitation. Either Bank is an interchange or not. Partial interchange is
not supported. I could ask at
https://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/contact/default.asp?type=tfl or at
https://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/contact/tube/default.asp, but have little
confidence in the quality of answers. e.g. I have been falsely told
that: Circle and H&C carriage line diagrams show stair free access to
the street at King's Cross St Pancras; there is a Tube map on Kensal
Green's Northbound platform.
--
Walter Briscoe