Old June 17th 08, 10:37 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Helen Deborah Vecht Helen Deborah Vecht is offline

Default Nice oyster scam

Thunderbug typed

asdf wrote:
According to a London Lite article I posted about here around 6 months
ago, the charges for touching in then out at the same station a

- Within 15 minutes: no charge
- Over 15 minutes apart: £8

I've never tried it, though.

I have: the charge is £1.50.

I was amongst those evacuated from Kings Cross on the 'booze cruise'
night before the alcohol ban came in, so entered and left the same
station after about 20 minutes without being able to catch a train.

I suspect TfL took a tidy sum that night. Had I not tapped out (all
gates were open and staff directed passengers through the
pushchair/wheelchair gates), no doubt it would've been £4 instead.

Journey History records 4 minutes (much less than 15) for my partner's
entry to Paddington and he still paid £1.50.

Not really worth phoning the helpline though.

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.