Old June 24th 08, 11:19 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Mr Thant Mr Thant is offline

Default West Hampstead Overground

On 23 Jun, 22:13, "Peter Lawrence" wrote:
LO have also introduced their corporate identity in the form of nice
black on orange nameboards, with roundel, bit these are marked as
temporary signs so yet more money is going to be spent later.
Couldn't they live a little longer with the Silverlnk signs?

I think the cost of putting them in is negligible in the greater
scheme of things. They were starting to look very out of place now
everything else has been repainted and cleaned up.

Pity they apparently can't afford to replace the illegible PIS
monitors though. *

As I standard it, the aim for the first 6 months was a deep clean and
repaint with no upgrades, apart from ticket machines and barriers. New
displays and shelters and so on will go in next.

I've noticed the stations at the west end (Acton Central-Kew Gardens)
seem to already have the high quality LED displays like those proposed
for the rest of the network, though I'm not certain they're new.

http://londonconnections.blogspot.com/
A blog about transport projects in London