Old November 25th 03, 08:29 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Andrew Oldham Andrew Oldham is offline

Default Toilets.

"Thomas Payne" wrote in message
m...
Spyke wrote in message

As others have said, most major tourist attractions and department
stores will have at least reasonably good toilet facilities and all
restaurants are obliged to have toilets. Facilities at railroad
terminals are not always as good as one might hope!

I don't think you will find any of this a problem so long as you take
preventative action by passing a department store, restaurant or
tourist attraction (and there are an awful lot of all three!) at the
sort of frequency required by a 4-year-old!

As nobody else seems to have mentioned it, many of the toilets in
railway stations, other public attractions and even in department stores
nowadays, are pay on entry, so make sure you have plenty of small change
(20p usually) handy.

Erm..... are you sure? I don't know of any shops or tourist
attractions in London which charge for their facilities. The only
exceptions I know of are Burger King's in certain places like
Leicester Square. Oh and of course the infamous Harrod's toilets. I
suggest avoiding those thieves, after all Harrod's sells what everyone
else sells, but with a sneer and a hefty price premium.

When I'm at Harrods, I use the disabled washrooms, which do not charge £1.
If I'm asked by staff (not the case so far), I'd show my Disabled Railcard
as proof of entry! If you're travelling First Class from Paddington, Kings
Cross or Euston you can always the toilet facilites in the respective First
Class Lounges, and nice they are too.