Old July 31st 08, 08:03 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit
1506 1506 is offline

Default BBC: Attempt to "Save" Lost Euston Arch

On Jul 31, 12:52*pm, (Neil Williams)
wrote:
On Thu, 31 Jul 2008 19:33:25 +0100, "Paul"

I keep forgetting to check when I'm up at Euston, but am I right in thinking
the arch would not have been in the way of the 1960s development anyway?

I was told that it was located such that the extension of several
platforms would not have been feasible had it remained.

The real blight on Euston is the tower block right in front of it,
anyway. *The rest of the station is fine given the tweaks that will be
done to it, e.g. the removal of all the retail units from the
concourse.

Neil

Am I right in thinking that the tower is a more recent addition. Some
how I recall it dating from the '70s, or '80s.