Old August 1st 08, 04:09 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit
1506 1506 is offline

Default BBC: Attempt to "Save" Lost Euston Arch

On Jul 31, 2:51*pm, (Neil Williams)
wrote:
On Thu, 31 Jul 2008 13:03:27 -0700 (PDT), 1506

wrote:
Am I right in thinking that the tower is a more recent addition. *Some
how I recall it dating from the '70s, or '80s.

Could well be - but Euston, and particularly the bus station, would be
far nicer if it was open to the park and the road.

Neil

It has been a while since I was there. In front of Euston I would
like to see:

1. Better Access to Euston Square Station.
2. Easy access for Taxis.
3. Open Space.
4. The rebuilt Arch

On the subject of the Arch: Surely the important thing is to locate
drawing and pictures of the original and to construct a replica.
There is little merit in bringing the original stone back from its
watery grave.