Old August 9th 08, 04:39 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Boltar Boltar is offline

Default Ventilation Victoria Line

On 9 Aug, 14:22, "John Rowland"
wrote:
Edward Cowling London UK wrote:

After another grim morning on Friday, I wonder why the ventilation on
the Victoria Line is so bad ? If you change to the Piccadilly at
Finsbury Park it's like entering a different world. So if the Picc
Line can stay reasonably fresh why can't the Vic Line ? Even with
the trains at full hurtle little air seems to move about the carriage.

The Victoria Line is completely underground, except for the depot. The Picc
has several open air sections.

Except that 5 miles inside the tunnel that shouldn't make any
difference. In hot weather the trains sit and bake in the sun when
outside so they're probably hotter than a vic train when they enter
it. My guess would be the very high service level on the vic. You can
wait at finsbury park and sometimes literally 4 vic trains can go by
for 1 piccadilly.

B2003