Old August 10th 08, 06:11 PM posted to uk.transport.london
John B John B is offline

Default Euston northern line

On 10 Aug, 12:58, Jamie Thompson wrote:
Just as a vaguely related aside...I regard as one of my best bits of
commuter navigation getting off the fast train from Harrow &
Wealdstone (platform 10) and managing to catch my connecting train
from platform 5 at Kings Cross in *five* minutes by way of the
Victoria line (possible by the fact the Vic train's doors closed a
couple of seconds after I jumped aboard and the same set of doors are
closest to both sets of routes to both mainline stations).

I nearly had an excellent one yesterday, arriving on the District
platform at Whitechapel at 1315 (having found out there were delays on
the H&C), getting a District immediately, going a car forward at each
stop to be at the right end at Monument, changing onto the Northern
line, going a car forward at each stop to be at the right end at
Euston, and getting to mainline platform 7 at 1338.

Unfortunately, my train left at 1337...

--
John Band
john at johnband dot org