Old August 18th 08, 09:01 AM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] nimbusjunk@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default Special train on Central Line

On 17 Aug, 08:53, "dB" wrote:
wrote in message

On 16 Aug, 20:35, wrote:
Cannot remember if I have asked this question before but this afternoon
the
Central next train boards were showing the destination as "Special" Any
ideas?

Is this simply because the line was closed between Holborn and
Liverpool Street and the ultimate destination was unknown? *A 'special
service' (other than the timetabled service) would have been in
operation rather than any 'special train'

As a regular user of the Central line, the only times I've seen a train
shown as 'special' is when the train has been taken out of service and is on
its way back to the depot. I've never seen a 'special' train with any
passengers (sorry, customers) on board.

Travel out west on a friday night on the last train and you might well
see specials coming the other way every 5 minuutes with Yellow
Battery locos pulling works trains from ruislip depot

HTH Phil