Old August 20th 08, 03:51 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Standing at HN28 signal Standing at HN28 signal is offline

Default Aldwych branch train

On 16 Aug, 13:34, "Q" ..@.. wrote:
"Boltar" wrote in message

Does the old northern line train on the branch get used much these
days? Does it ever go for a service - it must've been down there well
over 10 years now - or is it just going to stay there until it falls
apart and is carried out in bits?

B2003

Its still down there, It was hiding down the tunnel again last time I was
down there a few weeks back. Not sure how often it gets out for a service,
but there's *lots* of planning and paperwork involved in getting it anywhere
really from what I remember.

Next time I'm passing I will try and remember to enquire. It's still used
for all sorts of things within the confines of the branch though.

I believe it had a service around 2002/2003 as when I had a tour of
Aldwych in early 2002 there was talk of it being done at Ruislip.
Shame they've spoil it by putting the corporate 'red front' on it
though.