Old August 15th 08, 02:26 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Aldwych branch train

Does the old northern line train on the branch get used much these
days? Does it ever go for a service - it must've been down there well
over 10 years now - or is it just going to stay there until it falls
apart and is carried out in bits?

B2003

Old August 16th 08, 12:34 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Q Q is offline

"Boltar" wrote in message
Does the old northern line train on the branch get used much these
days? Does it ever go for a service - it must've been down there well
over 10 years now - or is it just going to stay there until it falls
apart and is carried out in bits?

B2003

Its still down there, It was hiding down the tunnel again last time I was
down there a few weeks back. Not sure how often it gets out for a service,
but there's *lots* of planning and paperwork involved in getting it anywhere
really from what I remember.

Next time I'm passing I will try and remember to enquire. It's still used
for all sorts of things within the confines of the branch though.

Old August 20th 08, 03:51 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 16 Aug, 13:34, "Q" ..@.. wrote:
"Boltar" wrote in message

Does the old northern line train on the branch get used much these
days? Does it ever go for a service - it must've been down there well
over 10 years now - or is it just going to stay there until it falls
apart and is carried out in bits?

B2003

Its still down there, It was hiding down the tunnel again last time I was
down there a few weeks back. Not sure how often it gets out for a service,
but there's *lots* of planning and paperwork involved in getting it anywhere
really from what I remember.

Next time I'm passing I will try and remember to enquire. It's still used
for all sorts of things within the confines of the branch though.

I believe it had a service around 2002/2003 as when I had a tour of
Aldwych in early 2002 there was talk of it being done at Ruislip.
Shame they've spoil it by putting the corporate 'red front' on it
though.
Old August 20th 08, 04:00 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Aug 20, 4:51*pm, Standing at HN28 signal
wrote:
On 16 Aug, 13:34, "Q" ..@.. wrote:

"Boltar" wrote in message

[...]

though.- Hide quoted text -

The Cravens Heritage Trains site includes a page:
http://www.cravensheritagetrains.co.uk/aldwych.htm about filming in
2002 involving their 1960 stock train. The 'resident' train was
removed for servicing at that time. I would guess the red front now
on the resident train was a (later) film-maker's requirement.
Old August 20th 08, 05:19 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

wrote:

On 16 Aug, 13:34, "Q" ..@.. wrote:

"Boltar" wrote in message

[...]

on the resident train was a (later) film-maker's requirement.- Hide quoted text -

A film-maker concerned with accuracy and continuity with respect to
railways? Impossible.

It must have been used when they filmed Creep in 2003 or 2004. A 1996
stock Jubilee train at Charing Cross becomes a 1972 stock train at
Aldwych at some point if I remember rightly.

Old August 20th 08, 10:40 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

On 16 Aug, 13:34, "Q" ..@.. wrote:

"Boltar" wrote in message

[...]

In a horror fantasy movie like Creep the authenticity or otherwise of
railway sequences (or any other technical portrayal) is not something
that would concern me greatly.
Old August 20th 08, 11:30 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

wrote:

On 16 Aug, 13:34, "Q" ..@.. wrote:

"Boltar" wrote in message

[...]

I didn't mean to imply that my second paragraph followed from the
first. I was just referring to a time when it was filmed (and didn't
have a red front on the end shown or used in the poster).