Old August 23rd 08, 04:00 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Alasdair Alasdair is offline

Default Width Restrictions

While driving from Pickhurst Lane, Bromley, Greater London, to the
M25 using my satnav. I was driving down a main road when suddenly I
was confrontedwith posts in the road restricting it to the width of
cars only. I didn't see any warning signs and I shudder to think what
would have happened had I been towing a largeish caravan or driving a
van or lorry.

I left the Pickhurst pub (where I only had a coffee) and turned down
Mead Way then went into Hayes Lane then joined Bromley Common then
Masons Hill then on to Kentish Way.

I think this justifies a letter to the relevant local authority but I
cannot remember the name of the road involved. It may have been Mead
Way, Hayes Lane or Masons Hill.

Since my satnav does't warn me about width restrictions and Microsoft
Autoroute doesn't list them, where can I get a list of width
restrictions nationwide?

--
Alasdair.