Old August 29th 08, 02:06 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Adrian Adrian is offline

Default Fire on articulated bus.

gurgled happily, sounding much like they were
saying:

The Evening Standard reports, with picture, a serious fire on another
articulated bus, being used for training in Hackney. I don't know the
full details, but following at least two previous fires on these buses,

At least *two*?

....and the rest...

Although, to be fair, they did seem to be much more prevalent in the
early days of the CitaroG Bendi in London - and I'd thought they'd
redesigned something (lubrication system, IIRC?) to reduce the risk.

googles
Yep, withdrawn for mods after three fires in a few months on one route,
plus one on the M25 being delivered.
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/corporate/medi...hive/4358.aspx
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle1050579.ece