Old August 29th 08, 02:27 PM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] furles@mail.croydon.ac.uk is offline

Default Fire on articulated bus.

On 29 Aug, 15:06, Adrian wrote:
gurgled happily, sounding much like they were
saying:

The Evening Standard reports, with picture, a serious fire on another
articulated bus, being used for training in Hackney. *I don't know the
full details, but following at least two previous fires on these buses,

At least *two*?

...and the rest...

There are two that I definately remember, one of which I actually saw.

I had a feeling there may have been more, but I wasn't sure. The
picture in today's standard is of poor quality, being a frame from a
mobile 'phone video, but there seems to be a lot of flame on the roof;
where this is coming from isn't totally clear, but it does look
different to the previous fires. Presumably, since the vihicle was
being used for training, we can rule out the fire being started by
passengers. I was on a bus a few years ago when a group of
schoolgirls sitting at the back set fire to the seat before getting
off; I'm not sure why.