Old September 2nd 08, 10:45 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Tom Anderson Tom Anderson is offline

Default Thunderbirds are go in the Chilterns !!!????

On Mon, 1 Sep 2008, Dave Newt wrote:

Jack Taylor wrote:
wrote:

Just caught the backend of a train consisting of a set of old liveried
Virgin coaches ( MK3 ?,) with the driving trailer. tailed with a
Thunderbird Class 57 going through High Wycombe.

Yes, it's one of the Virgin BlockBuster services. The standby
loco-hauled set is being used in place of a pair of Class 221
Super-Voyagers.

It does work back later - I'm not sure what time out of Euston but the
BlockBuster service is hourly, to Coventry and Birmingham
International.

I was one one of those from Crewe, getting into EUS at 1705 last night.

Not being a rail map expert, I have no idea how it actually got from
there to going along the Central Line to Euston. (Feel free to point me
at a line map.)

Getting a class 57 to Euston via the Central line would indeed be an
achievement requiring considerable expertise!

tom

--
Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.