Old September 3rd 08, 08:25 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner Recliner is offline

Default Thunderbirds are go in the Chilterns !!!????

"Tom Anderson" wrote in message
.li
On Mon, 1 Sep 2008, Dave Newt wrote:

Jack Taylor wrote:
wrote:

Just caught the backend of a train consisting of a set of old
liveried Virgin coaches ( MK3 ?,) with the driving trailer. tailed
with a Thunderbird Class 57 going through High Wycombe.

Yes, it's one of the Virgin BlockBuster services. The standby
loco-hauled set is being used in place of a pair of Class 221
Super-Voyagers.

It does work back later - I'm not sure what time out of Euston but
the BlockBuster service is hourly, to Coventry and Birmingham
International.

I was one one of those from Crewe, getting into EUS at 1705 last
night. Not being a rail map expert, I have no idea how it actually
got from
there to going along the Central Line to Euston. (Feel free to point
me at a line map.)

Getting a class 57 to Euston via the Central line would indeed be an
achievement requiring considerable expertise!

Indeed so, and expense too, but to be fair, the route does briefly run
alongside the Central line to Ealing Broadway, as well as the other
branch to West Ruislip. So, while the Virgin trains don't run on any LU
tracks, they do run along the Central's route for two stretches.