Old September 16th 08, 12:14 AM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] mudchute@googlemail.com is offline

Default Aldgate One Way System

On Sep 12, 4:27*am, "John Rowland"
wrote:
Jack Taylor wrote:

This is the best one that I've found. The ones in the Aldgate
Masterplan are a bit "Micky Mouse" and look like they were drawn by
kids with too many crayons!

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standa...-details/Drive...

It looks like a terrible idea. Far better would have been to pedestrianise
Whitechapel High St and use Braham St as the two-way bypass.

Went through there Sunday night on the bus at about 11pm and traffic
was moving pretty freely along the new routes shown on the link above.
However, this morning the traffic reports said that traffic was a
nightmare and the A11 was queuing back to Bow Road and the A13 back to
Limehouse. I wonder if this will get any better as drivers get used to
the layout or whether the powers that be have created a monster. I can
understand the benefits of removing the Shoreditch one way system as
through routes there are now more direct but not many routes are
shortened in the case of Aldgate. In fact, by my understanding, if
you're coming from Tower Hill to the A13 you now have to go all the
way past Aldgate bus station!

Fun, fun, fun!