Old September 24th 08, 10:25 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Chris Tolley Chris  Tolley is offline

Default 378 move and GOB to be DC?

Mizter T wrote:

On 24 Sep, 11:02, Chris Tolley wrote:
I suppose there are compounding features as well, given that the
Merseyrail loop line is an intensive service. F'rinstance, at
Farringdon, there's a fairly tight curve on Thameslink, but a particular
train will pass over it much less frequently.

I presume its the line to Moorgate you speak of? In which case usage
will become zero come March next year when it gets disconnected as
part of the Thameslink 3000 works.

No, I was thinking of inner curve northbound from City Thameslink; the
line to Moorgate strikes me as being straighter. But one other
mitigating factor is that he trains are going over that more slowly
(because all trains stop at Farringdon) than they do around the
Liverpool loop.

--
http://gallery120232.fotopic.net/p9632970.html
(43 133 at Reading, 17 Jan 1980)