Old October 10th 08, 10:37 AM posted to uk.transport.buses,uk.transport.london
Boltar Boltar is offline

Default London bus strikes

On Oct 10, 10:00 am, John B wrote:
Indeed. I've never been especially convinced by the logic of "I've got
two PhDs in astrophysics and only make GBP5 per week, so
$group_of_manual_workers should starve in the gutter"...

A job should be paid on the amount of effort (either physical or
mental) or danger it entails. Hence deep sea divers are paid a lot,
scientists and soldiers should be paid a lot but arn't , bus drivers
should not. Their job is neither mentally or physically taxing and
apart from the odd yob with a flick knife in certain dodgy areas not
exactly dangerous either.

B2003