Old October 15th 08, 10:11 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Weaver Paul Weaver is offline

Default Wood Lane station

On 12 Oct, 21:01, Mr Thant
wrote:
On 12 Oct, 13:17, "Paul Scott" wrote:

They intend to double it in the next couple of years when it becomes the
'Hammersmith and Circle'.

If I still had a blog, I'd note that after the opening of Wood Lane
and the unravelling of the Circle Line there'll be no changes to the
tube network for the foreseeable future*.

One of the evening rags mentioned the unravelling last night. The text
mentioned Notting Hill-Baker street passengers would need to change
at Edgware road, but then coupled it wil a diagram showing the new
line going hammersmith - shepherds bush-Edgware-KingsX-Aldgate-
Westminster-Glocester Rd-Split (NottingHill-Edgware) and (Earls

Court-Hammersmith).

I think they thought it would ump from the district lines at
hammersmith, through the shopping centre, across the street, and land
on the H&C line...