Old October 13th 08, 04:39 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Wood Lane station

TfL have stopped making noises about it. They seem to have decided
they're happy with the status quo. From what I hear the plan to reuse
Victoria Line stock is definitely dead.

Crap :-(

Tim O'Toole did mention it as a goer in an interview a a couple of
years ago, but there's never been anything official.

Is that 3rd failed revival or 4th? ;-)

I think the latter is quite likely, because every other plan to serve
Chesham once S-Stock is introduced has been ruled out.

Well, I'm glad I'm not living in Amersham!

Old October 13th 08, 04:44 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Not quite - the split would increase the number of people changing at
Camden Town, and the station can't handle that. Splitting the line thus
involves rebuilding Camden Town.

It is questionable at best... the main problem at Camden Town is
getting in/out of station, and split won't make it worse.

Plus there's a large number of people who would NOT need to change
trains after split (for example if you are going to Goodge St. from
Colindale, but the first train is to Bank - a lot of people would jump
on it and then change at Camden Town; however if all trains from
Edgware will go to Goodge St. - Camden Town won't be involved at all).

Plus frequency of trains will increase and will help with the crowds.

P.S. I think there was some temporary split recently and it actually
worked quite well.
Old October 13th 08, 04:45 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Presumably via Vauxhall?

If only!
Kennington - Wandsworth Road (and looking at location I don't think
it would be interchange with National Rail) - Battersea Power Station
Old October 14th 08, 06:44 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sun, 12 Oct 2008 13:01:14 -0700 (PDT), Mr Thant
wrote:

On 12 Oct, 13:17, "Paul Scott" wrote:
They intend to double it in the next couple of years when it becomes the
'Hammersmith and Circle'.

If I still had a blog, I'd note that after the opening of Wood Lane
and the unravelling of the Circle Line there'll be no changes to the
tube network for the foreseeable future*.

True. I'll get bored - having moved to London not too long before the
JLE, it's been almost constant change. I suppose we'll have to get
used to studying each new variant of the Diagram for the changes

And thers the ELLP to keep us going, I guess...
Old October 15th 08, 10:11 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On 12 Oct, 21:01, Mr Thant
wrote:
On 12 Oct, 13:17, "Paul Scott" wrote:

They intend to double it in the next couple of years when it becomes the
'Hammersmith and Circle'.

If I still had a blog, I'd note that after the opening of Wood Lane
and the unravelling of the Circle Line there'll be no changes to the
tube network for the foreseeable future*.

One of the evening rags mentioned the unravelling last night. The text
mentioned Notting Hill-Baker street passengers would need to change
at Edgware road, but then coupled it wil a diagram showing the new
line going hammersmith - shepherds bush-Edgware-KingsX-Aldgate-
Westminster-Glocester Rd-Split (NottingHill-Edgware) and (Earls

Court-Hammersmith).

I think they thought it would ump from the district lines at
hammersmith, through the shopping centre, across the street, and land
on the H&C line...

Old October 17th 08, 08:20 AM posted to uk.transport.london

From the TFL website:-

"WOOD LANE STATION: No step free access to the westbound platform due
to a faulty lift." !!

Marc.
Old October 17th 08, 08:43 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"WOOD LANE STATION: No step free access to the westbound platform due
to a faulty lift." !!

Exactly the same as it was with Langdon Park last year. One wonders
whether they did any testing before opening...
Old October 18th 08, 01:38 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , at 11:30:32 on
Sat, 18 Oct 2008, Mr Premise remarked:
In the rush to open the station, perhaps the QA procedures weren't quite
thorough enough.

Same at St Pancras - one of the two escalators from the upper to lower
level if you arrive from the Midland Mainline has been out of use for at
least the last couple of weeks.