Old October 26th 08, 02:14 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J.[_2_] Richard J.[_2_] is offline

Default HST footbridge at Shepherd's Bush

wrote:
On Oct 20, 1:20 am, "Richard J." wrote:
There used to be a footbridge across the road at the eastern end of
Shepherd's Bush Green, outside the Central Line station. I believe
it was removed in the 1990s. It had panels on each side to make it
look like an HST (named "Dave Wetzel" I recall). Does anyone know
of an online photo of it? Alternatively, does anyone have a photo
that they would be willing for me to post on the web?

Sorry, Richard, I don't have a picture, but remember the bridge well,
and I remember once driving a somewhat sleepy and inebriated friend
home, and as we were passing under it, he remarked "where the HELL are
we", thinking it was a real train!

LOL!
Thanks, Marc. If nobody knows of an online photo, does anyone know of a
book that contains a photo of this bridge?

--
Richard J.