Old October 20th 08, 12:20 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default HST footbridge at Shepherd's Bush

There used to be a footbridge across the road at the eastern end of
Shepherd's Bush Green, outside the Central Line station. I believe it was
removed in the 1990s. It had panels on each side to make it look like an
HST (named "Dave Wetzel" I recall). Does anyone know of an online photo of
it? Alternatively, does anyone have a photo that they would be willing for
me to post on the web?

--
Richard J.

Old October 25th 08, 10:23 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Oct 20, 1:20�am, "Richard J." wrote:
There used to be a footbridge across the road at the eastern end of
Shepherd's Bush Green, outside the Central Line station. �I believe it was
removed in the 1990s. �It had panels on each side to make it look like an
HST (named "Dave Wetzel" I recall). �Does anyone know of an online photo of
it? �Alternatively, does anyone have a photo that they would be willing for
me to post on the web?

--
Richard J.

Sorry, Richard, I don't have a picture, but remember the bridge well,
and I remember once driving a somewhat sleepy and inebriated friend
home, and as we were passing under it, he remarked "where the HELL are
we", thinking it was a real train!

Marc.