Old November 7th 08, 11:55 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
John Salmon[_3_] John Salmon[_3_] is offline

Default Oyster PAYG on Heathrow Connect

"Paul Corfield" wrote in message
On Fri, 7 Nov 2008 20:08:01 -0000, "Paul Scott"
wrote:

"Paul Corfield" wrote in message
. ..
On Fri, 7 Nov 2008 09:08:15 -0800 (PST), Matthew Dickinson
wrote:

According to the latest TfL board minutes, extending PAYG from Hayes &
Harlington to Heathrow Terminals is being studied.

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloa...ember-2008.pdf
page 15

It is scheduled for introduction next year - obviously subject to final
agreement with BAA (as per report). I've seen info saying that it
should have been introduced by now!

Another 'special zone' like Watford Junction then? Or could they bring
the route into zone 6...

I've no idea how it will work conceptually. I would expect it to be
charged at a premium rate and also for there to be a "premium" penalty
in case people fail to validate on entry at Heathrow. Where it get's fun
is how you deal with travel to Terminal 5 where only HEX offers the
service.

But inter-terminal journeys are free.