Old November 8th 08, 04:35 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Chris Tolley Chris  Tolley is offline

Default Way to Go

Bruce Fletcher (remove dentures to reply) wrote:

Dr J R Stockton wrote:
In uk.transport.london message
et, Fri, 7 Nov 2008 10:37:05, Chris Tolley posted:
Chris Read wrote:

If you're resident in the United Kingdon, 'your language' is
English.

Never bother with anyone whose spelling-checker does not help with the
name of this Realm.

Nac adrodd a glywaist rhag ei fod yn gelwyddog!

Presuming that to be a language, which setting for Google Translate,
Babel Fish, or other do you recommend? I've checked ROT-13. Or is the
idea that you have something to say but don't want to leek it into the
Great World Outside? g

An online literal Welsh-English website comes up with
"Nor recite I go you heard he foreknows you go be lyingly"

ROFL!!! That's exactly the kind of thing the phrase refers to!!!

I prefer the original BabelFish version (which translates everything
into Japanese first before translating that into the required language)
"My hovercraft is full of eels"

In Welsh, BabelFish would be "Pysgod Terfysg" but if offered that phrase
in Welsh, I'd assume the speaker was trying to say "fighting fish", and
just got a bit confused with the right word for fighting, since there
are (for no reason I'm going to comment on) a range of suitable words to
choose from to cover that concept.

--
http://gallery120232.fotopic.net/p9683658.html
(53939 (Class 108) at Derby, Jun 1985)