Old November 11th 08, 08:42 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Weaver Paul Weaver is offline

Default Travel hiccups on the way to travel trade show

On 11 Nov, 20:17, Roland Perry wrote:
In message
, at
10:18:36 on Tue, 11 Nov 2008, Paul Weaver
remarked:

Large conferences are a nightmare. It took me two hours to get from
RAI to the centre a couple of years ago in amsterdam. In the end we
got a taxi.

Were the trams not running?

Very low frequency, all way to crowded -- too many people on the
platform, let alone the tram.

this year I hired a bike, took me 50 minutes to ride from RAI, into
the middle of town (including getting lost), then out to our "airport"
hotel -- miles from anywhere, and a 30 minute walk from the nearest
tram stop!

I've recently started telling people that the majority of the "airport"
hotels are actually further from the airport than those near Centraal
Station. Time-wise, anyway.

I went Airport-Rai-Hotel-Rai-Airport anyway. Unfortunatly the
hotel was a last minute booking and the normal one was full up.