Old November 29th 08, 11:38 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Dave Dave is offline

Default Public Telephones In Underground System?

Hello all, I'm putting together a collection of payphones in london
(and later on around the world). The payphones are each ocompanied by
a picture and a telephone number.

Now, I seem to remember a while ago, seeing payphones at platforms on
deep level underground stations. I had a quick look trough some
piccadilly and bakerloo line stations. But found nothing!

Would anyone know where there would still be a public telephone on the
underground network? If possible, in zone 1 at platform level? Also,
if you know of any payphones situated in unusual places I'd like to
know.

The site is situated at http://www.payphone.de.vu/ if anyones
interested.

Many thanks for any help,